Garment Steamer may collect a share of sales or other compensation from the links on this page.
Founded in Germany in 1909, Rowenta has long since established itself as a world leader in the manufacturing of small household appliances. In 1912 the company manufactured its first iron.
By 1949 they had improved their design and come out with the world’s first iron with a temperature control and thermostat. In 1957, they introduced the first ever steam iron.
They continue their tradition of excellence today to bring you the latest in home care innovations: the Rowenta IS6200 Compact Valet.
Design and Accessories
The new IS6200 is ideal for steaming household garments and furnishings. The suitcase-inspired “tilt and roll” feature allows for increased mobility and easy storage.
The product also features...
However, despite being the latest product from a world-renowned appliance manufacturer, the IS6200 is not without its faults.
Pros and Cons
- 1Our main complaint is that the hose is slightly too short to use with an over-the-door hanger (some 4 ½ feet).
- 2The refillable tank is not easily refilled except at a convenient tap.
- 3The power cord is too short.
- 4The steam head hook is in the middle of the built-in hanger, meaning removing or placing clothes on the hanger while using the steamer becomes a challenge.
These problems are easily remedied, however.
To avoid having to lay the steamer head down while your clothes are on the hanger you can simply use hangers of your own; and to compensate for the short power cord you can either steam all your clothes in the same location or plug in an extension cord.
The refillable tank makes for a more persistent problem for those who live in hard water areas. In such a case, the tank should be refilled with bottled distilled water.
However, because of the orientation of the refill cap this proves very difficult to do. You can't read the 'full' line while refilling the tank in this way.
Those problems aside, the product is one of the best on the market and well worth the frustration of its minor design flaws.
- 1The extra large water tank allows for 45 to 60 minutes of continuous steam time.
- 2Takes only 60 seconds to sufficiently heat up and begin steaming.
- 3It's easy to assemble.
- 4It compares well in terms of power to rival models.
- 5Comes with several accessories, including a crease attachment, a fabric brush, and a lint pad.
The Final Word
Overall, we like this model and it will serve you well if you choose to buy it.
It's not flawless, but Rowenta seems to have continued their tradition of innovation and improvement once again.
Last Updated on May 24, 2019