The Shark Lightweight Professional Steam Iron gives a professionally pressed finish to your clothes and other fabrics with its 1500 watts of power. It has vertical steam technology that can steam upholstery, drapes, and other vertically hung garments. It is lightweight, compact, and has a stainless-steel soleplate that has a button-fit tip. It also has a multi-position steam shut-off system.
What Comes in the Box
The Shark Lightweight Professional Steam Iron (GI305) comes in a box with a filling flask and the product manual.
Product Features & Technical Details
Size: 11.8 x 5.4 x 6.4 inches
Weight: 3.5 pounds
Power: 1500 watts
Cord length: 8 feet
Soleplate: Stainless Steel, 8.5 inches long
Water tank capacity: 260ml with easy-fill door
- Button-fit tip
- Smooth Glide Maneuverability
- Even steam distribution through soleplate holes
- Multi-position auto-steam shut-off
We found the Shark produced a satisfying amount of steam, and it came out consistent and strong. There is little dripping and it's great for tight corners. The vertical ironing works okay, though we'd prefer a specialist full size garment steamer for such work.
- Quite powerful, steam heats up rapidly
- Not much drippage
- Ironed garments look professional, crisp, and wrinkle-free
- Iron stays hot till last item is done
- Large water tank, but still light - vertical ironing is really possible
- Maneuvering through small spaces is easy and smooth
- The overall sleek design has a comfortable grip
- Noticeable popping sounds during steaming that you might find annoying
- The strong steam it generates can use up the water in the reservoir quickly
- The soleplate can tarnish and leave brown iron marks on fabrics if it is not cleaned after every use and stored in an upright position
Who Should Buy This Product
It's a quality item so it will suit most people, but having to clean it to maintain it properly might be a drag. We recommend this steam iron, but if you're especially pressed for time, there are other models that have self-cleaning technology built in.
Conclusion and Recommendation
It's a good steam iron with a lot of advantages. You're unlikely to regret buying it, and the price is hard to beat.