Garment Steamer may collect a share of sales or other compensation from the links on this page.
The Black+Decker F67E Classic Iron with Aluminum Soleplate is a standard flat iron with the added feature of steam pressing. It measures 5.2 x 10.1 x 6.2 inches.
Read Related Article: Black+Decker D3030 Allure Iron Review
Primarily made of metal, it weighs 3.1 pounds with a long 360-degree pivotal cord and a 3-way shut-down feature.
What Comes in the Box
The F67E comes in a box with its product manual.
Product Features & Technical Details
- Size: 5.75″ height x 4.75″ width x 9.5″ depth
- Weight: 3.2 pounds
- Soleplate: Aluminum
- Wattage: 1100
- Power Cord: 8-10 foot, 360-degree pivot, 2-pin polarized plug
This is an efficient and durable iron. The aluminum soleplate makes the iron heat up fast.
It’s heavy, which when carrying it around is bad but when ironing is good – you don’t have to apply too much effort to iron.
The temperature is easily controlled via the fabric selector, while the steam comes out strong and steady.
Simple design and safety features combined with the use of solid metal makes it a reassuringly sturdy product.
- The classic look of the Black+Decker F67E is its charm.
- Its 3-pound weight makes ironing out wrinkles faster with less effort.
- The fabric selector table allows an appropriate thermostat setting.
- Pressing the steam button up or down makes it versatile as a dry or steam iron.
- The soleplate’s 25 large steam vent holes emits various modes of steam.
- The long power cord pivots to 360-degrees, providing ease and range of motion.
- The combined features of the 3-way auto shut-off, the power indicator light and the “OFF” selector ensure the safety of the product when in use.
- It is very affordable.
The F67E Classic Iron has a few shortcomings.
- Aluminum as the soleplate’s material does not glide very smoothly on some fabrics.
- The black handle of the iron houses the water reservoir. The water level can only be viewed through a small white plastic hole positioned at the left side of the fabric guide.
- There’s no cap on the water input.
- The auto-shutoff feature that gets activated when the iron reaches its desired thermostat level can be more irritating than convenient.
- The iron tends to cool down causing water puddles to spill over clothing.
- No control over steam output like on more expensive devices.
- The California Proposition 65 state regulation is also overly prominent (to warn consumers that the product contains chemicals that the state of California recognizes to be cancerous and dangerous for reproductive health) – don’t want to be looking at that all the time!
Who Should Buy This Product
The Black+Decker F67E is ideal for those who are looking for an affordable steam iron that is reliable, durable, and easy to use.
Conclusion and Recommendation
Black+Decker continues to uphold its commitment to safety and durability with the Black+Decker F67E Classic Iron with Aluminum Soleplate.
Classic in design and functionality, this iron is a reliable partner because its features make it easy to handle while not falling short on safety.
Read Another Related Article: Black & Decker D2030 Iron Review