Garment Steamer may collect a share of sales or other compensation from the links on this page.
The SteamFast SF-717 Home-And-Away Mini Steam Iron is a small steam iron that fits into the palm of a hand.
It heats up and produces steam within 15 seconds and weighs barely 1 pound.
Its non-stick soleplate and long cord allow easy mobility through small seams and tiny corners.
It is fitted with a dual voltage feature ideal for travelers.
Read Related Article: Singer Expert Finish 1700 Watt Anti-Drip Steam Iron Review
What Comes in the Box
The SteamFast SF-717 comes with a water measuring cup and a travel bag. A product manual is also tucked inside the box.
Product Features & Technical Details
- Watts: 260-400
- Water capacity: 1.4 oz.
- Heating time: 1 minute
- Weight: 0.96 pounds
- Size: 3.1 inches height, 2.9 inches width, 5.3 inches depth
- Power cord: 7.5 feet long, 2-pin polarized plug
- Warranty: 1 year
- Hertz: 60HZ
- Volts: 120V
- Amps: 3.5
The Home-And-Away Mini Steam Iron is a favorite among quilters, sewers, and crafters.
The main feature these hobbyists like about the product is its mini size. Sewists and other crafty types like the fact that it can be placed beside their sewing machines and used as needed.
It’s surprisingly powerful, too – it packs a Mike Tyson punch in a Peter Dinklage body.
If you want a steam iron to pop in your suitcase, this is the only product you need to look at.
- The size is perfect for travel and crafting.
- The ingenious design of incorporating the control buttons and water reservoir atop the soleplate is key to its small size and shape.
- Both left-handed or right-handed people can use it.
- It can heat up fast and produce a good amount of steam despite its size.
- The variable steam and heat control settings enable the product to iron a variety of fabrics and materials.
- The major drawback of the SF-717 is its soleplate. Quilters and sewers want the soleplate’s tip to be more pointed so it can reach the deeper corners of their projects.
- The lack of an auto-shut off feature is a bit of a pain (as the iron needs to be frequently pulled out of the socket).
- Another downside of the product is that the long cord can not be detached.
- With its small size, occasions come up when the attached cable prevents the iron from covering the expanse of the fabric to be pressed.
Who Should Buy This Product
Hobbyists who work with fabrics will greatly benefit from the SF-717.
Travelers who want to wear crisply pressed clothes will appreciate the small size and weight the product occupies in their carry-ons.
Conclusion and Recommendation
The SteamFast SF-717 Home-And-Away Mini Steam Iron is a good product to buy. It produces heat and steady steam fast.
Its compact size makes it ideal for precision ironing needs.
Features like dual voltage, light-weight and mini dimensions make it ideal for travelers.
It is highly affordable.
The SteamFast is backed up with a 1-year limited warranty period, and service support from a leading company committed to producing affordable high-quality steam products.
Want to see different models? Look at other garment steamer reviews here!
- Check out Joy Mangano My Little Steamer
- Read about Conair Extreme Steamer
- Learn more about Puresteam Pure Enrichment Steamer
- See here for details about the Rowenta X Cel Steamer
- Click here for Shark Press & Refresh GS500
- Read More Sunbeam Classic Non-Drip 1200-Watt Iron Review
Last Updated on June 30, 2020